Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Feeling Spontaneous

I’m embarrassed to admit that at 6:30 on a Monday evening, I had already finished eating dinner, was changed into PJs, and curled up on the couch with the pups, a glass of wine, and watching TV. Thankfully, to pull me out of this super lame evening, I got an unexpected invite to the Mavs game that I could not turn down. Thank goodness I had once again passed on working out after work and would just need to swap PJs for normal clothes and I would be ready to go! Although skipping my workout worked to my advantage this time, I worry this one instance will give me too many excuses to skip working out in the future...

After a quick change into my Mavs attire and some freshening up, I met Chris, Betsy and two of their friends and we made our way to the American Airlines center. We were very fortunate to have an awesome parking pass and didn’t have to spend much time outside in the cold -- I was born and raised in Texas, so yes, I do consider 50 degrees to be cold weather!

Once inside, we did manage to get a bit lost -- If you’ve never been, American Airlines Center is an awesome venue but quite large and you can easily feel like a tiny mouse wondering through a giant maze trying to find your section. The long, winding walk proved to be worth it; however, when we came upon the suite where our tickets were. We had an awesome view, and anything we could think to eat and drink!

Despite the fun and spontaneous evening, I fear I may be bad luck for the Mavs. It was the first game this season I attended/watched and they broke their winning streak! Hopefully that won’t be the case for every game I attend :)

A big thank you to Chris and Betsy for the Mavs game invite -- and for saving me from another lame Monday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment