Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Product Review: Shark Pocket Steam Mop

It’s been a week since I purchased my beloved steam mop that I could not live without, and I have to say, it did not disappoint! My tile and wood floors have never been cleaner and getting them that way has never been easier. In one week, I have used the steam mop twice: the night of purchase -- duh! -- and on Sunday, which is my typical total house scrub down day.

Setting up the mop was surprisingly simple and I was up and running in no time! Once out of the box, I attached the handle, put on the head I wanted to use, filled the tank with water, plugged it in, and was steaming in less than 30 seconds! The quickness and ease for getting the mop set-up bodes well for many future uses as I am a lot more likely to do mopping when it takes no time to get it out and ready. In addition to how easy it is to get started, I also love this mop because it has a triangle head for smaller areas to reach, such as the bathroom, and a rectangle head so you can cover more ground in the larger rooms. Each cover that fits over the head is also two sided so half way through, you can simply flip the mop over and you have a clean surface to continue with and no stopping to slow you down! Once you’re done, just throw the covers in the washer and set aside for next Sunday :)

That first night, I went through the bathroom, entry way, long hallway and part of the kitchen. I was excited to try it out, but had too many other things to do to keep going through the entire apartment -- plus, it wasn’t my normal cleaning day and I would have thrown my schedule completely off!

Anyway, I was shocked, appalled even, to see how dirty the mop cover was after going through half those spaces! I am a very neat, organized, and religious cleaner of all surfaces in my place, so I was not expecting that my mop and manpower had left behind so much dirt! I guess it just proves how much better the power of steam can clean than my own two hands :) I was also very impressed with how long the water tank produced steam. I went over several areas twice and still managed to get through half of my apartment floors with more steam to spare. I still have not read the entire user’s manual so this may be a big “No-no”, but I did have to leave some water sitting in the tank because I couldn’t use it all up. I’m certain this won’t be a problem when I clean my whole place in the future.

When I did my normal cleaning on Sunday, I was pleased that the areas I had done a few nights before weren’t nearly as dirty as the first time cleaning -- I can’t say the same for the rest of my apartment, however. Again, I try not to take offence to this and my normal cleaning skills. I know my place is spotless and anyone who has visited would hopefully agree! That steam just has more cleaning power than my mop, soap and hot water.

With all that said, if you are looking for a better way to clean your floors -- wood, tile, laminate, linoleum, even carpet -- I would highly recommend this steam mop! Even after my purchase, I continue to research the prices and read reviews to make sure I got the best deal and haven’t missed any pertinent cleaning facts, and I’ve noticed that several places have been putting it on sale. Probably the holiday season, but if you’re interested, I’d start doing some price comparisons because there are tons of good deals out there!

Side note: I promise I have not been hired by Shark to promote their product. When I find something I love, I tend to get very passionate about it and feel the need to tell everyone -- especially when it’s one that makes my life easier and my place cleaner!

Happy shopping and mopping for those of you interested!

2 comments:

  1. I got one of those for my mom last month! Its on my list of things I need for the house considering 3/4 of our house are wood/tile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the part on this blog that says how much you upset your sister because she was buying you one of these for Christmas and was so excited to surprise you because you only briefly mentioned wanting one but then you bought it yourself and she was devestated and had to come up with new christmas ideas?

    ReplyDelete